Mellors Catering Services are currently recruiting for an:
Area Manager – Middlesbrough
Our Mission is: Top quality service and food create happy and successful people
Environment: Education and B&I
Hours: 40 hours per week (or as business need demands)
Salary: £33824.96 with an opportunity to earn up to £5k performance bonus
Benefits: Company vehicle provided/opportunity to use own car, company laptop and mobile phone, voluntary healthcare scheme
Region: Middlesbrough (not only restricted to these areas)
Contract Start Date: January
Accountable To: Operations Director
Due to an existing period of growth, Mellors are looking to appoint an experienced Area Manager with a proven track record to deliver the highest standards of customer service and food provision to our education and business in industry contracts.
As Area Manager, you will be required to work Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm or as the business needs demand. You will have previous experience in a similar role and be willing to work closely with high profile clients as well as demonstrate excellent leadership to your teams. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Area Manager Role Purpose:
As an Area Manager you will be responsible for circa 20 contracts consisting of both business in industry and educational sites; managing and leading the teams to deliver an excellent catering service for our clients.
· Manage all aspects of unit day to day operations by supporting the onsite teams
· Managing income lines, ensuring and maintaining agreed budget profitability including food, sundry and labour costs
· Accurately report month end figures on company templates within required timescales
· Report final period end results to Operations Director
· Attend and support client meetings with OM/OD/MD or independently
· Build and reinforce positive client relationships to harness a competitive advantage in the market place
· Attend company Operations/human resource development meetings as required
· Mobilise new contracts and systematically project manage mobilisation plans
· De mobilise closing contracts and systematically manage de mobilisation plans
· Actively involved in menu development and planning to suit the various business needs measured through customer and client satisfaction
· Harness strong team working in existing and new sites to develop and maximise talent
· Health and safety and food safety knowledge – audit sites to ensure we fully compliant with legislative and company requirements
· Ensure full compliance with company policies – complete unit audits
· IT proficient – deliver company bookwork training and refresher training for sites where needed, produce reports using IT
· Client reporting is required on meal numbers and other client detail
· Support in the sales process for all new business when required
· Handle TUPE process in line with best practice and HR advice
· Act as disciplinary/hearing manager as and when required
· Identify training needs of your team and make provisions for development
· Provide a creative approach to menus linking with curriculum and world flavours, accounting for nutritional and calorific values and cultural requirements of the customer base
· Maintain a high quality of food provision and standards
· Escalate to your line manager relevant feedback or information specific to your contracts as soon as it occurs
· Identify and nurture any additional business opportunities to grow and facilitate revenue increase
· Submit required number of sales leads to Telesales team every 8 weeks
· Any other reasonable task requested by management
Essential Qualifications & Experience Needed To Be The Area Manager:
· Previous contract catering experience is desirable
· Strong craft skills in both presentation and taste
· You will also be IT proficient.
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to understand and manage the diverse relationships between clients, staff and other stakeholders
· Ability to promote a welcoming environment to our customers
· A natural positive person with a ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to assist the rest of the team and the company
· The desire and ability to interact personally and sensitively with others, to support and encourage others, and to encourage growth, development and progression
· Flexible, open to new ideas, approaches and cultures, values diversity and difference, supports and takes part in change initiatives
· The skill and ability to spot business opportunities, to generate new ideas and approaches that move the business forward
· The drive, determination and commitment to achieve results, maintain performance and to retain self-confidence at all times
· The acceptance, support and championing of company objectives, standards and values and demonstrating support and commitment to Mellors catering
For this role you must be able to drive.
From time to time, the company may ask you to work outside of your usual location and working hours. Therefore, flexibility is a must for this role. You will also be expected to work at weekends from time to time when covering B&I units or for special functions/occasions. Travel to and from the head office in Skelmersdale is also required.
It will be necessary for the company to apply for a DBS check and further security checks may also be required at commencement of employment.
1222 Temporary Catering Manager based in Birmingham, B15 – 32.5 hours per week, term time only equated pay based on 38 working weeks and £13.90 basic rate per hour
1107 Catering Assistant based in Southport, PR7 – 10 hours per week, term time only equated pay based on 38 working weeks and £8.72 basic rate per hour. Fixed Term Maternity cover until June 2020.
801 Catering Assistant based in Sheffield, S8 – 10 hours per week, term time only equated pay based on 38 working weeks and £8.72 basic rate per hour.
Fixed-Term, 9 months maternity cover.