Mellors Catering Services are currently recruiting for a:
Graphic Design and Content Creator
Mellors Catering Services, an award-winning family business, is the first-choice contract caterer in the north for more than 300 staff restaurants, schools and colleges. We offer an unrivalled bespoke service, tailored menus for our consumers and look after all aspects of our clients’ on-site catering.
We are looking to appoint a Graphic Design and Content Creator to join our team. Working with the Marketing Manager, this role spans both Graphic Design responsibilities and the creation of content for our website and social media channels. This role is perfect for a driven and passionate person looking for a creative and varied role in a friendly, family focussed business.
Our mission is: Top quality service and food create happy and successful people
Location of work: Mellors Head Office (Skelmersdale), with some travel to our various units
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
For this role it is necessary that you can drive and have your own car as there will be some requirement to visit our catering units from time to time.
As a Graphic Design and Content Creator, you will design, develop and produce creative and innovative print, point of sale and digital artwork and content to promote Mellors core values to our customers, clients and prospective clients.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Design promotional posters and digital screens for campaigns in our catering units throughout the year to encourage customers to use our catering services.
• Design large point of sale branding for the kitchens and dining rooms in our schools and business units, using current brand guidelines and style setters.
• Design brochures and other promotional materials for our sales team to use in bids and presentations.
• Manage the design requirements of our unit and area managers.
• Produce new style setters and animations as and when required for our Primary Education, Secondary Education and Business & Industry brands.
• Produce operational manuals, such as kitchen diaries and recipe packs for us in our units.
• Liaise with our print partners to ensure the production and delivery of various materials, within the marketing budget.
• Work with the Marketing Manager to devise social media campaigns to attract new clients, promote our food to customers and engage with our staff across our more than 300 units.
• Produce internal digital communications to regularly engage with our staff.
• Manage, on a day-to-day basis, the Mellors social media channels – currently Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Work with the Marketing Manager to determine what future social media channels may be required, manage the introduction of these and the content moving forward.
• Create new pages and content for the website using brand guidelines and page templates.
Essential Qualifications & Experience Needed:
• Formal Graphic Design qualification (university degree) is essential.
• Ideally at least 1 year of creative design work experience.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) demonstrable through a portfolio of prior paid work or work carried out for your design qualification.
• Excellent working knowledge of social media platforms, either professionally or personally.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Publisher.
• Knowledge of basic web design, ideally Umbraco CMS preferred but not essential.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, managing a number of deadlines and internal customer requirements.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent listening and decision-making skills.
• Excellent spelling and grammar, as well as proof reading skills.
• An interest in food and education is preferred.
It is necessary for the company to apply for a DBS check at commencement of employment.